Friday, August 19, 2011

From MTB to FB


Folding bicycles



I bought my folding bicycle(FB) on 3rd March 2011. One month has gone by and I rode it 2 or 3 times a week. So far, I am very happy and I feel I got value for money. My FB is a Dahon Eco C07 which cost me RM1000. At that price, many people can afford FB. More expensive versions are available but I can't afford them like Dahon Speed 8 and Brompton. Lately, I am getting worried that I am neglecting my mountain bike(MTB).To me, FB is very suitable for easy riding on the paved trails around Putrajaya parks and promenade. For someone like me who does not have a bike carrier, FB is very convenient and mobile for me to take with me and lighter for me take up and down from my car. My MTB is 4kg heavier and I have to take off my saddle and front whee every time I upload my MTB.

At my age(58+) I need less power to pedal FB around Putrajaya. Hence,I can cycle longer distance and have more fun. However,I still love the real jungle in FRIM where I can sweat it out to my heart's content(and competent) to pedal uphill and enjoy the adrenalin dosage downhill at nerve breaking speeds -;) once or twice a month.

If you wish to start riding a bicycle, FB is a good start. However, if I were below 40,I will go for MTB first. Whatever, cycling is good for you and if you don't believe what I said, just come and join us and see for yourself. Just bring any bicycles and a helmet. Let us ride for fitness and fun...Okay, see you cycling around Putrajaya:-)

06032011-Foldies welcoming Nazley:-)

No comments: